Ovation: Ten Favorite Oscar Trivia Questions.
I’m a trivia junkie and Oscar Trivia has always presented a particular challenge to my memory. Of course, there are those who specialize in Oscar trivia and work from year to year to commit all the nominees and the winners to memory. Below, I present my ten favorite Oscar Trivia questions.
- Who was the youngest person to ever receive an (honorary) Oscar?
- Which three movies hold the record for the most Oscar wins at eleven?
- Who was the oldest to win a Best Actor Oscar?
- Which actress has won the most Academy Awards for Best Actress?
- Who holds the record for the longest acceptance speech ever given at an Academy Awards ceremony?
- What individual has won the most Oscars?
- Who is the tallest Oscar winner in history?
- How much does the Oscar statuette weigh?
- Who is the only person to win an Oscar for playing a real-life Academy Award winner?
- Who has hosted the most Academy Awards telecasts?
Here are the answers …
- Shirley Temple at age five.
- “Lord of the Rings: Return of the King” (2003), “Titanic” (1997) and “Ben-Hur” (1959)
- Henry Fonda for “On Golden Pond” (1982). He was 76 years old.
- Katharine Hepburn won four Best Actress awards, for “Morning Glory” (1933), “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” (1967), “A Lion in Winter” (1968) and “On Golden Pond” (1981). In 1968, there was a tie and Barbra Striesand also won for “Funny Girl”.
- Greer Garson allegedly spoke for as long as seven minutes when she accepted her award for Best Actress in 1942’s “Mrs. Miniver.”
- Walt Disney won twenty-six Academy Awards over his lifetime (22 regular Oscars and four honorary.)
- John Wayne, at 6’4”, won Best Actor for 1969’s “True Grit”.
- Oscar weighs 6¾ pounds.
- Cate Blanchett won Best Actress for playing Katharine Hepburn in “The Aviator”.
- Bob Hope hosted the Oscars nineteen times.
How many did you get right?
Like this post? Follow the blog and get involved in discussions! Find “Follow via Email” on the right side of the page and click “Follow.” Buttons for Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook are there, too!