DiatribesAndOvations proudly accepts a nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award … quite the honor, indeed. The rules of acceptance are as follows:
- Thank the nominator for the nomination.
- Share seven things that readers may not know.
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
- Notify the new nominees.
- Display the logo of the award on the blog site.
Thank, you UPON ATLAS, for this prestigious nomination. I shall now share seven very important and deep-seated beliefs …
- I can order from any menu except Jamaican. I don’t like “jerk” food but I do enjoy The Jerk starring Steve Martin.
- I secretly wish that a plane carrying Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin would disappear in the Bermuda Triangle.
- Cheese makes everything better.
- A home without pets has room for more love.
- Hypocrites make me sad.
- Watermelon gives me heartburn.
- Buttered Popcorn flavored Jelly Bellies are a gift from the heavens.
- I never smell clearance candles.
I hereby nominate, in no specific order, the following blogs as recipients of the One Lovely Blog Award:
Random Letters to the World
The Byronic Man
The Idiot Speaketh
Mommy with a Penis
Fear No Weebles
The Good Greatsby
Congratulations to all the nominees. Your writing is entertaining and inspirational and this honor is well-deserved. Should you accept the nomination, please follow the rules above and share the love. (August 6, 2012)
It is said that the Liebster Blog Award started in Germany (probably) and is used to highlight smaller, lesser known blogs. The Liebster is an award you accept with the intention of paying it forward. When accepting, you choose other blogs that you feel are deserving of more subscribers and pass the award on to them. You are not obligated to accept the award or to even pay it forward. This is just a way to get the word out about new blogs that your followers may not know.
There are four steps to receiving this award:
- List eleven things about yourself
- Answer your nominator’s eleven questions.
- Choose up to eleven bloggers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nomination
Eleven things about me …
- I won’t eat food with bones in it.
- I hate to shop for shoes.
- I once ran over my own foot with a forklift.
- Hay fever has been a lifelong affliction.
- While I’m right-handed, I eat primarily with my left.
- I’m deathly afraid of drowning.
- I bake a mean cheesecake.
- I cannot dance.
- There has always been a pet in my home.
- A self-inflicted screwdriver wound left a scar on my forehead.
- I have performed on Broadway.
Here are my responses to LookingForPemberly’s questions:
- What are you doing right now/where are you located? I’m parked on the sofa in front of the television in my “nest”.
- What are your top 1-5 books of all time? The DaVinci Code is my all-time favorite book.
- If you could start another blog, what would you want to blog about? I think it would be fun to do something like Random Letters to the Universe.
- How did you learn about blogging in the first place? I was challenged to write as many compliments as complaints and to see how long I could keep it up.
- What is the longest piece you have ever written? I wrote a term paper in high school that was twenty-some pages long. I do, however, try to limit the length of blog posts to 500 words or less.
- How many of your personal friends know about or follow your blog? I’m pretty sure they all know about it and several actually follow it.
- If you had one piece of advice to give either to me or everyone reading your blog, what would that be? Never tell a lie. Lies are like potato chips … you can’t have just one.
- Coffee or tea, and why? Tea, because I can more or less control how strong it’s made.
- What is your favorite website or blog to read on a regular basis? I’m not ashamed to admit that I get a huge kick out of Michael K. at www.dlisted.com and, of course, The Bitchy Waiter!
- If the world does end this year, what will be the thing you want to accomplish before it happens? I’d like to get married.
- What do you do to relax or calm yourself down? Merlot.
I proudly nominate the following blogs for this award:
- Mommy Man
- The Rant Machine
- Random Letters to the World
- Babble On
- Tales From A Bar
And here are the eleven questions that I’d like them to answer:
- Where was the destination of your favorite vacation?
- What are you afraid of anything?
- How do you find inspiration to write?
- Boxers or briefs?
- Name the “earworm” that annoys you the most.
- What is your all-time-favorite television show, and why?
- Have you met the love of your life?
- Do you know any LGBT people?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
- Who was the biggest influence in your childhood?
- What would you order for your “last meal”?
I look forward to reading all the responses!
Thanks again to Miss E at Looking For Pemberly! (November 30, 2012)
I AM PART OF THE WORDPRESS FAMILY AWARD
THE RULES FOR THE AWARD ARE:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
I was nominated for this award by Benzeknees … THANK YOU … and I’m happy to nominate the following ten bloggers to share this honor with me. Check them out! You won’t be disappointed.
- You Think You Know
- Not The Worst News
- Drunk Good Idea/Sober Bad Idea
Thanks again to Benzeknees! (May, 2013)
- DiatribesAndOvations has been honored by benzeknees with the Shine On Award! If you’re not already familiar with this Blogroll favorite please investigate benzeknees … I’m sure you’ll enjoy the superb writing that you find there. There are some fairly simple rules associated with the Shine On Award:
Display the award logo on your blog page.
Link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
Tell seven things about yourself.
Nominate 10 other bloggers who are deserving of this award.
Seven things about myself …
- I have an unhealthy obsession with crystal. There’s an antique chandelier in every room of my house.
- I used to play the trombone professionally.
- I’m more afraid of poison ivy than I am of snakes, spiders, etc.
- Pizza is my Kryptonite.
- I have no desire to sky dive.
- Steve Martin always makes me smile.
- I believe in love at first sight.
The following bloggers shine a wonderful light into my life and are deserving of this award.
- My Own Man
- Tiny Cat Pants
- Photo Nature Blog
- The Wiener Takes It All
- Linda Vernon Humor
- Michael Bradley – Time Traveler
- The Life of Jamie
- PEI Curmudgeon’s Blog
- Random Letters To The World
Even if you don’t pass the award along, please accept it with my admiration for the great work that you do, for keeping me entertained and for sharing your unique perspective with the world. Shine on! Thanks again to benzeknees! (July, 2013)